tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 21 08:21:52 1994

Re: "love"

According to Kevin A. Geiselman, Knight Errant:

> Unto all assembled,
>
> The problem I have with <bang> being only a noun translated "one who is
> loved" is in its single canon usage.  There it is <bangwI'>.  the <-wI'>
> is added to a VERB to make a NOUN that means "that which does whatever".

True, but {-wI'} is also the variation on {-wIj} ["my"] which
is used when the noun is a being capable of language. One
presumes that since Valkris is speaking of Kruge and Kruge has
been speaking a lot up to this point in the movie that he
qualifies as {bangwI'} and not {bangwIj}.

It is being used as a NOUN. She says {HIja' jaw'wI' bangwI' je}
["Yes, my lord, and my love."

> Kordite, Intelligence Officer, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

So, exactly which replacement proverb is your favorite, anyway?

charghwI'

Back to archive top level