tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 08:31:37 1994

Re: For Beginners

>majIqvo':
>
>> qaghItlhneS:
>>
>> ghItlh charghwI':
>>
>> : Include in your SUBJECT line either the word BEGINNER or
>> : the acronym KLBC, which, I believe, stands for Klingon Language
>> : Beginner's Conference.
>>
>> Actually, its Conversation.. {{:-I
>
>I've heard so many variations on this!  I've consistently used
>"Klingon Language Beginner's Club," which is how I remembered it from
>way back when.  I say, let each BG use whatever s/he prefers; we all
>know what it's for!
>
>> -majiq
>
>--Holtej

Just for the sake of accuracy (remember Klingons are always accruate) here
is a re-post of the first call for the KLBC made by Matt Gomes back on Feb.
16.  Notice that he calls the KLBC "Klingon Language Beginner's Conversations":

>                       Subject:                               Time:7:49 AM
>  OFFICE MEMO          Beginners Unite!                       Date:2/16/94
>
>qajatlhneS:
>
>  I intend to start simple conversations in thlIngan Hol for those of us
>who are beginners.  I suggest we take each part of the grammar and
>try a couple sentences, in context, using the new part of speech.  We all
>need practice and for myself, I need to start at the very bottom.
>
>  Since I'm also developing the self-instructional course, it will be good
>to get some examples and feedback on what presents difficulties for
>people.
>
>  We will start with the easy things and work up from there.  If you're
>interested in participating, please let me know (I'll try to coordinate
>as best as possible).  I also think we should use a FLA (Four Letter
>Acronymn) like the Shakespear/Bible translators are using... if noone
>has a big objection to KLBC (Klingon Language Beginner's Conversations),
>I think that would do...
>
>  I also suggest to those beginners that you start memorizing vocab..
>Start with the most popular words (learn, think, eat, say, write, book,
>computer, book, paper, etc.) and move on from there.  It's certainly
>helped me...
>
>  Shall we begin?

              ____
             |INRI|