tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 02:33:14 1994

Re: color: SuD

>From: [email protected] (Thibaud Salle)
>Date: 18 Aug 1994 16:10:45 GMT

>2.  Klingons are unable to discern the upper-end of the "visual" spectrum
>(unable to perceive the band of shorter wave-length light in the
>spectrum humans perceive.  Note:  there is also no word for violet or purple
>listed, which may support this theory);

>- a ST book supports that theory... can't recall the title now

>or
>3.  Klingons can see these colors perfectly well but the distiction is
>simply unimportant.

>Color perception IS linguistically determined. F.I., in Brittany, France,
>people use one word for Blue and Green, and native Breton speakers had
>trouble using properly the French words Bleu et Vert.

Do us a favor please.  When you're quoting from someone, *please* indicate,
somehow (a) that you're quoting (b) who you're quoting from and (c) where
the quotes begin and end and what it is you're saying yourself.

Thanks.  Otherwise it's really tough to make sense of the threads.

>--
>Thibaud Salle'      [email protected]       [email protected]

~mark

Back to archive top level