tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 22:48:47 1994

archaic style?

 Uu> From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <ur-valhalla!cs.columbia.edu!shoulson>
 Uu> Subject: archaic style?

 >> Use -neS a lot.

 >I agree with the sentiment.  It seems a safe way to go.

 Uu> I have to agree with Lawrence here.  Using "-neS", maybe using
 Uu> long-winded cirumlocutions that conform to modern grammar, okay.

Another suggestion is to use constructions like tu'lu' a lot, and also to use
net for sentence as object instead of 'e', when appropriate.  "One finds
is..." or "One knows it..." has a kind of quaint, arcahic ring to it.

Perhaps another way to make "archaic" tlhIngan Hol would be to put in all the
unnecessary pronouns.  It would make the language more cumbersome, but perhaps
those WERE required at one time....

Just some thoughts.

Qob

... matay'DI' vIHtaHbogh bIQ rur mu'qaDmey

Back to archive top level