tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 08:05:26 1994

Re: I shouldn't ask...

On Thu, 18 Aug 1994, William H. Martin wrote:

> ... I think of a myth as an important story with social significance. I
> do not think of myth as an antonym for "fact", which seems to be what
> people are reacting to. ...

DaH jIyajchu'.

> But people wish to discard this useful, core meaning of the
> word "myth" because the word is associated with "fiction" and
> as such has been broadly misused in modern times. ...

Your defininition seems fine.  I guess that since the words in TKD are not
clearly defined, errors in communication sometimes will result,
especially when the English has more than one meaning.

>Call it what you will. My intent was somewhat less sinester than is
> apparently suspected.

jotchoH *yoDtargh* 'ej nuHvo' ghop teq.

> charghwI'

yoDtargh