tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 16 11:35:36 1994

Re: Talk like a Klingon!

On Tue, 16 Aug 1994, d'Armond Speers wrote:
> > > Somebody else wrote:
> > > Klingons do not cry. Remember from ST6; no tear ducts. ({SaQ} prob'ly means
> > > "cry out").
> Not that languages can't tolerate synonymy, by any means, but we *are*
> given {jach} for "cry out."  Given the small size of our lexicon, it's
> extremely inefficient to have two terms for this.

I would tend to suggest >SaQ< to be used in a constant wailing type of
cry--the vocal effect, not the tear duct effect of watering eyes.  Would
a Klingon describe human tears as eyewater?

[email protected]                        overheard- "Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager (eff 8/94)     operate in a vacuum, can
Wake Forest University Department of Physics       I at least have a little
POB 7261 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?"

Back to archive top level