tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 16 09:15:10 1994

Re: Talk like a Klingon!

>From: "HoD trI'Qal" <[email protected]>
>
>> And while I'm at it, that one non-canon mu'qaD created by DrujIv, I believe,
>> that went something like {DuSaQmoH be' qan lutmey} bugs me. For one thing,
>> Klingons do not cry. Remember from ST6; no tear ducts. ({SaQ} prob'ly means
>> "cry out") Secondly, the role of women in Klingon society is that of teachers
>> in the way of methods of battle. They stay home and teach the children the
>> ways of the warrior (all this came from the STE; read it- it's cool).

Oh, I think I have to disagree.  qIra' (Kirah?) and I tend to see women
as some of the Real Movers and Shakers (tm) of Klingon Society.  However,
they're not *overy* about it.  They work behind the scenes pulling strings
and calling in favors, and arranging events.  Can you really see Lursa or
B'Etor teaching children?

Just Our Humble Opinion.

tevram

Back to archive top level