tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 16 05:21:15 1994

Re: Talk like a Klingon!

> And while I'm at it, that one non-canon mu'qaD created by DrujIv, I believe,
> that went something like {DuSaQmoH be' qan lutmey} bugs me. For one thing,
> Klingons do not cry. Remember from ST6; no tear ducts. ({SaQ} prob'ly means
> "cry out") Secondly, the role of women in Klingon society is that of teachers
> in the way of methods of battle. They stay home and teach the children the
> ways of the warrior (all this came from the STE; read it- it's cool). Thus,
> an old *Klingon* women would most likely NOT be a symbol of frailty, but an
> aged and experience teacher of warriors. If I was told that the stories of
> MrMiyagi make *me* cry/yell, I'm not sure how I would take that, but it would
> doubtedly occur to me as an insult.

*ahem*

I don't know what DurjIv might have responded to this, as I am now four
days behind in my meail, from a short trip I took...

But I, for one, take offense at this.

I believe I already stated that I do notfollow the majority of what is
stated in the STE, and this is yet another one.

SuvwI'na' jIHqu' 'e' DaHonchugh, vaj naDev yIghoS 'ej HISuv!

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level