tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 15 14:05:36 1994

Okrand on SkyBox Cards

Well, I was just going through the inventory of treasures that I brought
back from the Star Trek convention in Vegas.  I had a great time, especially
hanging out with David and just sort of 'being' Klingon.

But on to the point: Among the goodies I picked up are several SkyBox
trading cards with various Klingon things on the front and text on the back.
I'm going to post the text in seperate messages appropriately marked in
the subject line.  I haven't taken the time to translate yet as I was very
excited about my find and wanted to post this for all to comment on as
quickly as I could type.

As a comment on transliteration, I submit the following text which is printed
on each of the appropriate cards:

"Translation provided by Marc Okrand, author of _The Klingon Dictionary_.

"TM <registerted trademark symbol> <copyright symbol> je tera' DIS
wa-Hut-Hut-loS Paramount Pictures. Hoch SeH. Paramount Pictures malja'
permey bIH Ster Trek pong'e' Deghmey'e' je.  bIH lo' SkyBox International,
Inc. 'e' chaw'."

The text on the cards appears exactly as above, including the puntuation, but
the stuff in <> is the actual symbol and minus the quotation marks.
I put those in.  That's what they're for right?

KoSneH

Back to archive top level