tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 15 06:19:34 1994

Back from Las Vegas!

Okay, here is the story.
On AUg 13 - 14 I went to Las Vegas as a representative of the KLI
and spoke to a croud of about 700 people for 20 minutes. I was
expecting to get more time and speak on both days of the con but
for what they gave me and the material I had it worked out
GREAT!!!  In the words of a stand-up comic (and Klingon) I "killed
them."  Now I am open to any suggestions of material I can
add/steal in case they give me more time to speak in the future.

As I mentioned before I was not paid but they let me set up a
booth in the exibitors room and sell HolQeDs, TKDs , T-shirts,
Tapes, Font Discs and everthing else.  It did turn out well enough
to make it a profitable venture.  }}:-) !!!!!

The highlight of the con, for me, was not meeting John de Lance,
nor even getting applause from an approving croud. It was visiting
with the other Trekers, Klingons and general enthusiasts that
roamed the halls of Trekdom.   I especially want to thank Rick
Telease for helping me and hosting me, along with Coz (as in
JustCoz) for breaking the tedium that lingers form behind the
dealers booth and Paul Black for showing up to help.

 To anyone who wants to do this in the future (there are a few that
Lawrence has designated) I would be happy to help you set up a booth
with some of my material to sell on consignment...as long as you act
HONORABLY (unlike some people in Minnes....) and pay me my due.

The total 2-day attendance was about 2,000 people/humanoids.
Gave out about 1500 KLI flyers.
Gave out about 150 lessons of the postal Course.
I took in about $1100 with a net profit of $400 after expences.
This is a meager sum by other booth standards but for what I had I
am VERY pleased.

--
David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'
   Klingon Language Postal Course       ||   qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level