tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 15 00:27:28 1994

Re: chu'wi' jIH

According to R.B Franklin:

> nuqneH!
>
> I'm new to this list and this is my first stab at writing something in
> {tlhIngan Hol}.  This may be a little too ambitious for a newby, but as
> they say: No guts, no glory.

Well said.

> cheghbe'bogh poHDaq yIQongtaHbe' 'a yIQamchoH
> 'ej jaj tlhIv yInaDHa', ghop HoS yIlo'taHvIS.

Impressive. I'll leave it to Holtej, the Beginner's Grammarian
to get down to the detail level of things. I just wanted to
thank you for the boldness and a good, solid effort.

> In case that came out as total gibberish,

It didn't. While arguably not perfect, (as could be said for
MOST writing in ANY language) it was beyond what I usually
expect from a beginner.

As for your name, it doesn't have to mean anything, but then
there's nothing BAD about meaning anything, either. On this
list there are those with names that have meaning (like mine)
and those without meaning, like Seqram, Krankor and trI'Qal,
though even the ones without meaning have a story behind them.

> jIrIn,
> yoDtargh

charghwI'

Back to archive top level