tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 10 03:35:41 1994

Re: Translated Phrase

No problem from me.  I see 'ej as basically joining verbs vs. je joining
nouns.  Obviously, verb phrases that are really noun phrases (such as things
with -wI', -ghach, or -bogh) use je, but as long as it's really a verb
phrase, 'ej seems perfectly fine to me.  I base this on generalizing from
his clarifying comments on adverbial placement in the addendum.  Just as
an adverbial precedes an object-verb-subject combination-- not necessarily
a full sentence-- so I opine that 'ej (and its counterparts) can conjunct
o-v-s combinations-- not necessarily full sentences.

			--Krankor

Back to archive top level