tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 09 09:10:51 1994

name of the homeworld

Not to open an old kettle of fish... but as a rabid films-only canon-ist
(although not from the r.a.s.* hierarchy), I'm wondering if taking
Qo'noS as the name of the homeworld is not a little premature.

It's been a while since I saw TUC, but I believe this is the way it
went: Gorkon doesn't explicitly say that the homeworld is called Qo'noS,
he says something like, "This is Kronos One, out of Kronos." Suppose
Kirk had said, "This is the Enterprise, out of Vulcan," or wherever the
Big E's last stop was. Or suppose he'd said, "This is the Enterprise,
from the Federation." These would have been completely unremarkable
greetings, but neither one of them identifies the homeworld (capital) of
the Federation, and one doesn't identify a planet at all.

Besides, it's Klinzhai! Klinzhai, I tell you! Klinzhai, Klinzhai,
Klinzhai! :-)

"Ahh," he said, as if he had discovered a John M. Ford fan,
Geno

--
  . EuGene Tramaglino   .  House Tramaglino   .  Ad Astra Per Aspera   .

Back to archive top level