tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 08 00:09:12 1994

Have a nice day.

>From: "d'Armond Speers" <[email protected]>
>Date: Fri, 05 Aug 1994 23:49:41 -0400 (EDT)

>If you just want something literal, well, I might suggest: {jaj QaQ
>yIghaj}.  The "adjective" verb follows the noun it modifies (TKD 4.4).
> I don't know why you compounded {jaj} and {net}, unless it was a
>typo.  Bit since we know this is a rediculous thing for a Klingon to
>say, I won't even suggest it.

As a side-point, "ghaj" is almost certainly the wrong verb, no matter how
you slice it.  It's given as "have, possess", and we generally take
definitions like that to be explications, not additions, so presumably it
means "have" in the sense of "possess".  You can't really "possess" a day,
can you?  Nor is that the meaning the English even if you could.  The
English "have" in this sentence means "experience" (and it's not the first
time I find myself wishing for a verb that means "experience" in Klingon).
I imagine "SIQ" would be a... novel and likely accurate translation of
"experience" in this sense.

Just thoughts...

>> chuQun

>--Holtej