tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 07 12:41:24 1994

Re: Have a nice day.

> > tera'gnan jang tlhingan
> > "DaH HIHoH"
>
> I'd make it a little clearer that the Klingon was instructing
> the human on what to say instead of what to do:
> DaH HIHoH yIjatlh.
>
> charghwI'

Actually, clarity is most definately NOT what I want.  A little ambiguity
lets the joke have two different feelings and still retain its humor.

Example: The Klingon rolls his eyes back into his head, slaps his ridges in
disgust at the Terran and replies, "Kill me now!"

OR

The Klingon carefully pronounces "DaH HIHoH" so that the naieve human will
repeat the words precisely, even if he doesn't understand what he will be
telling a Klingon to do to him.

See?

KoSneH

Back to archive top level