tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 05 05:21:50 1994

Re: Klinpack, charghwI' correcting himself

On Tue, 2 Aug 1994, ghItlhpu' Susan Farmer:
> >On Sat, 30 Jul 1994, ghItlhpu' HoD trI'Qal:

>  << much wonderful debate deleted >>
> >> Except that this is grammitically incorrect.  -lu' means there is an
> >> indefinite subject... and you are trying to have a subject of <yuch>.
> >chuQun shakes her head and rolls her eyes.  "WHat have I started?" she
> >asks the Powers That Be
> ><Hoch'u' tebtaH HoSpu'> = PTB???
> Well, for my part, I find the debates like this over the finer points of
> grammer and suffix/prefix use and all that other good stuff, very
> enlightening and most educational.  I really learn alot from a good debate
> between people who know what they're talking about.
> Good gentles, pray lay on!  :-)

I also believe in these debates.  After all, where else are we going to
learn proper grammar?  This is THE Klingon culture (the one and only one
I know that uses the klingon lanugage as correctly as possible.) and if
you want to learn a language, cultural immersion is the best.

chuQun

Back to archive top level