tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 04 06:32:53 1994

Klingon Religion (was: Re: for beginners)

> Well, we've seen fek'lhr the guardian of ge''thor, and sto-vo-kor, the
> "life beyond this life."  (Gross generalization here), only athiests
> have no afterlife (I think -- have I protected myself against flames enough?
> :-) ).  There are also the holy writings as preserved by the monks of
> Boreth.  If I'm not mistaken, the Rite of Ascension that Wes arranged
> for Worf was also a spiritual rite of passage.  And there was the pilgrimage
> to the Lava caves of No'Mat when he was a child.   I believe very strongly
> that Klingons are spiritual people.  They're also a very private people
> and as such, any reference to spirituality is held close to the vest, as it
> were.  You collect the clues and tidbits when and where you find them.
> IMHO.
>
> Susan

Some of the terms you are using, I understand come from the StarTrek
Encyclopedia.  Personally, I do not consider that a good reference for
the language OR the culture, as it sure as heck doesn't follow the
language patterns we have seen.  This is just *my* opinion.

As far as the rest goes... well, I will hold my opinion.  I personally
believe that Klingons don't have, nor do they *need* "religion".

Just my two credits.

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level