tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 02 06:32:32 1994

Re: long-winded question

> Salutations.

nuqneH.

> Here's a problem I have run into with causative verb forms in Klingon:
> There seems to be no way to express, for example, "the officer made me
> hit myself."  Here is my reasoning:

[reasoning deleted]

This situation has been run into before.  And you are absolutely correct;
you cannot say that in one sentence in Hol at this time.  Try soemthing
like this:

	jIqIp'egh 'e' raD yaS
	"The officer forces that I hit myself."

Okay, not the best recast, but you (hopefully) get the idea:  seperarate
into either two full sentences, or two combined with <'e'>.

Just my cha' DeQmey...

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level