tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 01 23:35:42 1994

Re: for beginners

On Sat, 30 Jul 1994, ghItlhpu'  HoD trI'Qal:

> > Please do!  And go with my blessing.
>
> qatlho'qu'neS!
>
> > --------------
> > chuQun, wondering if Klingons dish out blessings...?
>
> As far as I know, they don't.  From what I understand, Klingons do not
> have any sort of 'religion' (at least, not as we know it)... they don't
> have a god or a devil, or anything like that.  Or, if they do, it doesn't
> play so important part of their life as it seems to for terrans... or we
> just don't see it very often.
>
> This question has plagued me for years, in pursuit of my other Klingon
> interests.  Does anyone else out there know more than I do on this?

Lessee, <heaven> ghap <paradise>* je ghe'or' Har tlhInganpu' 'ej veqlargh
Har tlhInganpu'.  mu'ghomDaq "lalDan" vItu'pu'.  SunglalDan'e' Har'be'
tlhIngan'a'pu', lalDan'e' Sov tlhInganpu'

<kiddingly>: after all, aren't we translating the bible to Klingon to
convert all those heathens?  ;)  (There's a really nasty argument going on
right now on alt.startrek.klingon about the bible translation.  tlhaQwI'
vIQub)

*Star Trek VI?

chuQun, putting in her two-cents worth

Back to archive top level