tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 28 04:53:34 1994

Re: DAYS OF WEEK, MONTHS & SEASONS IN KLINGON

I kept a very elementary journal in Hol for all of, perhaps, a week. I
used a similar solution, but instead of

	jaj wa'DIch	"first day",

I used

	jaj wa'		"day one".

This was a little quicker and more businesslike when I had to stare at
those little glyph squiggles. Neologists might hypothesize that jaj
wa'DIch is a slightly more ceremonial form. :-)

Geno

------------------------- from original message ------------------------
DAYS OF WEEK, MONTHS & SEASONS IN KLINGON
by G.F. Proechel

Sun: jaj wa'DIch (It must be remembered that ordinals come AFTER the
thing they modify, so the equivalents of first, second, third, etc.
will always come AFTER jaj.)

In the months as well we have no alternative but to number them from
one to twelve.  Here's the result:

	  jar wa'Dich - Jan.

This is perhaps a not very attractive solution, but it is a practical
one.

--
  . EuGene Tramaglino   .  House Tramaglino   .  Ad Astra Per Aspera   .

Back to archive top level