tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 25 10:47:11 1994

Re: New list member & Klingon student

Jeremyvo':

>  I'm interested in some insight with regards to methods for getting going in
>this language.  I've just completed reading of the language portion of TKD,
>and am looking for some hints/methods/whatever for a good way to get going.
>I'm able to pick out a few of the affixes when reading the text, and am
>still getting used to the OSV structure.  Any tips on where to go next?
>(might be best to reply directly to me unless you feel this would be good for
>all to hear... [email protected] is the address)

Well, there are several options.  I know David Barron has a Klingon Postal
Course he offers for free; you just have to pay the return postage.

You are also more than welcome to send anything you try to translate yourself
to here. In fact, we have a kind of 'sub-list' (not the best word, but the
only way I can think of to describe it) which is for beginning students like
yourself to practice with one another via conversations.  A 'grammarian' is
assigned to this group, to point out mistakes, offer solutions, and answer
questions.  If you wish information on this group (which always have subject
headers beginning with the letters KLBC or KBLC), send me private meail to me
at either:

	[email protected] OR
	[email protected]

and I will send you information on it.  (I am the current grammarian for the
beginner's conversations (which have been oddly quiet of late.  I think I will
have to do soemthing about that... hm...).)

If you don't feel you are ready to try translating into Hol yet, I would
practice translating what you see on this list.  I recommend that you stay
away from anything subject lines beginning with either KBTP or KSRP until you
are a little more profiecient, as these are advanced projects, and may confuse
you.  Almost anything else coming off the list should be fairly easy to
translate... and if it isn't, ask!  From what I have seen, most of us are
downright delighted to help new people understand Hol! {{;)

--HoD trI'Qal

Back to archive top level