tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 25 01:04:42 1994

Re: wa'Hu' wanI'

jabbI'IDvam vIyajqu' 'e' vISovbe'
jInID:

According to trI'Qal:>
> wej joqwI' lo'meH Quj, wIchoHta'.
"We have changed the game for the purpose of using three
flags."  I do not understand the comma.

> qaSpu'DI' cha' rep, cha' joqwI' ghaj QapwI'.
"After two hours, the winner (succeeder?) has two flags."

> wej joqwI' ghaj Qapchu'wI'.
"The perfect winner has three flags."

> ram joqwI'mey mung.
"The origin of the flags is insignificant."

> joqwI' maSo' 'ej wIHub.
"We hide a flag and we defend it."

> joqwI' luSo' gholpu'ma' 'ej luHub.
"Our adversaries hide a flag and they defend it."

> 'ej joqwI' luSo' je voDleHpu' Hoch be'nalpu'.
"And the wives of all of the empirors also hide a flag."

> 'ach joqwI' wejDIch Hub pagh.
"But nobody defends the third flag."

> wa'DIch pa' pawbogh SuvwI'na'vaD joqwI'chaj lunob voDleHpu' be'nalpu'.
"The empirors' wives give their flag for the benifit of the
definite warrior who arrives room first." (?)
"First, the wives of the empirors give their flag for the benefit
of the definite warrior who arrives over there." (?)

Hmmm. Maybe you meant:
pa' pawbogh SuvwI'na'Daq wa'DIch joqwI'chaj lunob voDleHpu' be'nalpu'.
"The empirors' wives give their flag to the first definite
soldier who arrives there." I can accept your use of {-vaD}
instead of {-Daq}, but I think your placement of {wa'DIch}
needs fixing.

> voDleHDajDaq cheghtaHvIS SuvwI'na'vam Do', nIteb joqwI' Hub net poQqu'.
"While this fortunate definite warrior returns to his empiror,
one demands that he defends the flag alone."

> qaStaHvIS cha' rep, joqwI'mey jontaH SuvwI''a'pu'.
"During two hours, great warriors capture flags."

> DaH bIyaj'a'?
"Now do you understand?"

> "time limit" chaw' joqwI' wejDIch.
"The third flag permits a time limit." (?)

> --HoD trI'Qal
>   tlhwD lIy So'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level