tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 21 10:47:10 1994

Re: Beginner's Qs, but may have wider interest...

[text deleted because others seem to have answered the questions very nicely]

>Will any expert relieve a beginner's anxiety, and confirm
>that there is more new, as yet unpublished, but canonical
>vocabulary (that includes a v/n for method, and a n. for spirit)??
>
>'oy' yISIQ.
>Paul Mackie

Yes, there is.  I think it was Guido who pointed out that it is <qa'>.

Which leads me to another interesting little detail...

A lot of the newer students on this list are asking the same questions about
new vocabluary.  For most people who have already entered everything into
their computers, getting a list of what was new and what was original is
something of a task.  However, this little back-of-the-woods tlhIngan is still
doing everything out of the book (working on beating up my second copy
already!), and can easily distinguish what is new and what is old.  It would
be trival for me to simply key in a list of all the changes I hve ever written
in...

...except, of course, I don't have permission to.  My primary thoughts here
are of HolQeD, naturally, as I stick the new words in from new issues as soon
as I get them, and I do not wish to impinge on all the hard work I know Dr.
Shoen has put in.  There is also the matter of all the people who have
transcribed words off of tapes; I would not infringe on them, either.

If all of you think there is sufficient demand for it (oh, ghods... not
another list-poll!  HELP! {{:/ ), I will ask permission of all the people
who's data I have included in my KD, and, if I have permission from ALL
sources, I will re-post a compilation.  (I would have to have permission from
*all* sources because I cann't distinguish what came from where; I only know
what has been added).  The sources I have included are:

	Any word lists in HolQeD
	CK vocabulary
	PK vocabulary
	Any missed vocab from E-K side and K-E side
	Anything else which might have been posted here.

I don't know who transcribed the CK or PK words; I would have to check my
records.

Comments?

--HoD trI'Qal
  tlhwD lIy So'