tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 21 10:45:49 1994

Re: TKD errors

>     While this may already be common knowledge for old-timers on the list,
>many of us probably do not have a single pile of errors and omissions on the
>word list of TKD, so I'll try to offer that here:

Well, I count myself as an "old-timer," but I am very glad you thought to post
this, as I didn't have most of them. {{:)  I don't suppose you would care to
send this to HolQeD?  I seem to recall an article on this in the last edition,
but the listing was no where near as complete as yours...

>Words present in the English-Klingon side, missing from the Klingon-English
>side:

>chaw' - permit (n)

No, this one is there.  Check again. {{:)

>Words present in the Klingon-English side, but missing from the
>English-Klingon side:

[listing deleted for brevity]

I noticed an awful lot of these were words starting with the letter 'w.'  I am
loathe to speculate on the reason why, but I doubt that some many items from
the same letter would be omitted unless there were some sort of binding factor.
An accidental cut from the original entry?  Lines skipped by mistake on a data-
entry form...?

--HoD trI'Qal
  tlhwD lIy So'

Back to archive top level