tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 14 02:13:17 1994

Re: KBLC - RE: Bhagavad Gita and pabpo'pu'

qoranvo':

>moHaq Qaghqa'ghachwIj 'oH Dochvam'e'. jIDIv 'e' vIchID. {{:^)

qay'be'.  "style" wIngachlaw'lI'.  lughlaw'ta' pablIj.

Your first sentence here is... strange.  Technically correct, but strange.
This is another style point, but one I really feel oblidge to point out when I
see it:  Whenever you use the pounouns-to-say-"to-be" construction, and have a
verb with -ghach in there, it might be a good idea to look at what you are
*really* saying again, and try to use that verb as a *verb*.  If I understood
your sentence right, I think you might be better off saying:

	moHaqwIjmo' jIQaghqa'
	"I err again because of my prefix"

I'm not sure I translated the first sentence corectly, though.  Mainly because
of the -ghach, but I read it as "This is my re-error of prefixes."  Is that
what you intended?

Translations:

No problem.  We are debating style.  Your grammar seems to be okay.

--HoD trI'Qal

Back to archive top level