tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 11 07:08:06 1994

Re: {-ta'} vs {-lI'}

>Altho, just keep in mind that TKD says "goal", which is not necessarily the
>same as
>an "ending-point".

>Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Again, I'm hanging a great deal on where it says "a known goal *or*
a definite stopping point" (page 42, emphasis added).  I certainly
meant the phrase "end state" or "ending point" or whatever it was to
by synonymous with "definite stopping point".  It is true that
thereafter it generally just says "goal", but I take this as simply
not wanting to repeat the whole long phrase of "goal or stopping
point" each time.  And like I said, I agree that often, indeed
perhaps usually, an intentional goal probably *is* involved, so for
him to pick "goal" to use throughout the rest of the text seems
quite reasonable.

                    --Krankor

Back to archive top level