tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 08 23:13:44 1994

Battle of Something-mumble-blech

In the recent DS9 episode 'Blood Oath' there is said to have been a famous
battle which they pronounced something like 'klak dakal bracht'

My question is, what were they TRYING to say?

Here is an attempt:

	tlhaQ da'qal bach

Ignoring grammar for a moment (which, considering the authenticity of the
language used in the episode is not an unreasonable thing to do) the
roughest of translations comes out 'shoot the funny corrupt corpral'

I get this picture of some Romulan Hitler annexing cheHoSlovaqIya and
thinking the Klingons wouldn't notice if he said that's all he wanted.  {{:)>

Does anyone else have any better ideas or pronounciation/translation
options that make more sense?

Kordite, Chief of Intelligence, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

PS:  And what about 'dahar master'?

Back to archive top level