tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 08 02:24:35 1994

Re: New canon; animals

Will Martinvo'

|      All *I* heard was badly pronounced. It didn't seem to matter what
| language was supposed to have been. It was hard to tell the exclamations from
| the wine-inspired belches and general roars and mumbles. I was curious about
| the food item they repeatedly described as "raHt". Apparently there are a lot
| of restaurants serving it. You don't suppose this is supposed to be qagh, do
| you? If so, I think it safe to call this, without peer, the most frequently
| and variously mispronounced word in the Klingon language. This time, they
| only got the vowel right.

Not only that, but on "Blood Oath" we recently learned a new Klinglish
curse:  "You are a hadeeba!"

Clearly what was meant was Ha'DIbaH (I'm doing this
from memory -- I don't remember if there was a glottal stop in there) but
of course no pronounciation coaching is given...

--Rob

Back to archive top level