tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 05 02:23:44 1994

Re: KBLC - RE: Help please

qoranvo':

>Yeah, you use the superlative. I am not so sure about that. What is the most
>preferable really doesn't fit my ear when you compare two things. But it is
>probably cleaner than my version, I see why use it. But I would like to know
>is my sentence grammatical? (nuq qaq law' nuq qaq puS) Can it be done, I mean
>two {nuq}s in one sentence?

I imagine so, it just happened that your construction confused me when I first
saw it.

>> When I can think of a good way to explain verb prefixes, I will post an
>> explaination on them.  It seems many people are getting them confused.
>Look
>> for it by this weekend.
>
>Umm, I doubt there is really anything to explain. They need to be memorised
>and one should concentrate on the absence/person/plurality of the object
>and not write automatically as some of us are likely to do. That's all.
>No explaining necessary. I know perfectly well that I say
>jISop. qagh vISop. qagh DaSop DaneH'a' je? HIja', yISop! bISopchugh
>bIghungHa'.
>But sometimes I just don't pay enough attention to the prefix. Qu'vatlh! {{:^(

Then I won't send it.  But I want to see the number of errors on prefixes
reduce, then, since all of you think you know what you are doing. {{:)  Fair
enough? {{:)

--HoD trI'Qal

Back to archive top level