tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 31 20:05:07 1994

Re: Just Bored

> Sorry if this has already been suggested, but... what about
>      vIDallu'
> ?  I.e., "(unspecified) is boring me".
>
> - marqem

     The problem is that {Dal} is intransitive. It means "be boring". If we
use {-moH} to make it transitive, we get "I am boring," or "Someone/something
causes me to be boring." That might not be inappropriate, since bored people
are often boring.

     Basically, being bored does not sound like an especially common Klingon
trait, since boredom usually implies laziness, since a bored person is one
who expects the world to do something interesting for them instead of digging
in and doing something interesting to a boring situation. IMESHO.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level