tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 10 12:56:21 1993

Speer's translator has been uploaded to an FTP site.

>From: "Matthew Whiteacre" <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 10:07:12 CDT

>I talked to d'Armond Speers and got his permission to upload the translator
>program to the SIMTEL20 sites.  I think it is a wonderful program.

>pojwI' tlhIngan Hol (Klingon Language Analyzer)
>created (1993) by d'Armond Speers
>copyright 1993.  All rights reserved.

Shouldn't that be "tlhIngan Hol pojwI'"?  In Klingon, the
possessor/modifier comes first (as if there were a 's on it in English).
Thus, "tlhIngan Hol pojwI'" is "Klingon's lanaguage's analyzer" or
"analyzer of the Klingon language", while "pojwI' tlhIngan Hol" is
"analyzer's Klingon's language" or "Klingon language of analyzer(s)".

Just a thought...

~mark

>d'Armond Speers
>6901 Randolph Macon Drive