tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 08 13:57:05 1993

Learning tlhIngan Hol

I have been on this list for a few months now and have noticed that many of
the comments/replies seem to come from people who seem to be well versed in
several languages.  I enjoy the discussions and find them helpful at
resolving things (whether I agree or not with the discussion).  I am a VERY
monolingual person who would like to become bilingual by learning
tlhIngan.

I would like to start a basic discussion as to where/how one should start
the learning process to become actually fluent.  I already have the TKD,
but it does not seem to be of much help in actually learning to speak/write/
read tlhIngan fluently.

How many of the people on this list are fluent in tlhIngan without the aid
of the TKD or similar reference?

How did those of you who are get to the compentancy level you are currently
at?

Several people have refered to teaching classes on tlhIngan Hol.  Could you
all make any of your notes available via email?  I would be interested in
putting a composite set of notes together.
              ____
             |INRI|
             |    |           Matt Whiteacre
             |    |           [email protected]