tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 27 10:47:51 1993

Re: Words not found in TKD

Marnen, the Songbringer ([email protected]) said:

	:  chaDvay             hertz (frequency) (n)
	I think you mean >chaDvay'<. Unanalyzable.

Since I know how many of you *love* non-canon speculations... Am I
the only one who thinks this looks like vatlhvI'?

 That was the hint. More below. ^L for puzzle-lovers...

There was some speculation a while ago about -vI' as a generic
reciprocal marker, rather than just for vatlh + -vI' = percent.
Well, Hertz is a measurement of cycles *per* second. In a flight of
fancy, one might think -vI' for unit reciprocals, -vay' for time
reciprocals.

Of course, Hertz is a Terran measurement. How long is a Klingon
second? (Sounds like a proverb in the making: idiomatic Klingon for
"living on the edge".)

Geno

--
EuGene epetai-Tramaglino  |||   ____  You never know what you will be
[email protected]            |  __\_ /  attracted to -- or who you will

Back to archive top level