tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 19 14:28:00 1993

Daily Musings

Well, I was in class today, and came up with the hugest compound word (as
well as some simpler sentences I thought I'd fly by you guys).

cha'leS ghuntaHghachHolpaQDI'norghvaD chov vIchaj.

Day after tomorrow I have an exam in programming languages class...  :)

(Yeah, it's a BS word...  But it brings up my following point:)

That huge word is my attempt to come up with a way of saying "Programming
Languages Class".  This doesn't really fit the noun-noun construction
(it's not really "class' programming languages", nor is it "the programming
languages' class").  So does this mean I'm forced to use that unweildy
compound noun.

So my guess is that my huge word is at least partially correct.  Though
this example may be incorrect, is it "legal" to use verb suffixes before
the -ghach nominalizer?

Other stuff I came up with...

Dalqu' SoQvam
jatlhlaHbe'chu' ghojmoHwI'vam