tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 22 06:57:20 1993

Re: mu'mey

On Nov 20,  1:46pm, David Baron wrote:
> Subject: mu'mey
>
>    In an attempt to make up  a word that did not exist in tlhIngan Hol a
> student of mine proposed this sentance:
> be' : moQDu'wIj tIHotQo'
> Instead of translating it I will ask if *YOU* think the meaning is is
clear.
> Comments welcome.
> David Barron    [email protected]

     Don't touch my testicles! ?

     The guess is that a sphere is a ball and the suffix indicates that it is
a body part. The amusing part is that you could not tell if it were a body
part if it were singular, but in English, the same could be said. If I say,
"Don't touch my ball," you would naturally expect the ball to be an object
separate from me, but if I said, "Don't touch my balls," in MY circles, most
people would assume you WERE referring to testicles.

--   "moQ'a'Du'" chargwI' {{:)>         :

Back to archive top level