tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 22 06:12:59 1993

Re: Comments on translations

On Nov 19,  7:36pm, [email protected] wrote:
> {nuqDaq} is a syntactic marker, not an adverbial!
> {nuqDaq} is a syntactic marker, not an adverbial!
> {nuqDaq} is a syntactic marker, not an adverbial!
> {nuqDaq} is a syntactic marker, not an adverbial!
> And finally, boys and girls, always remember that
> {nuqDaq} IS A SYNTACTIC MARKER, NOT AN
ADVERBIAL!!!@#$%^&*(yIlIjQo')*&^%$#@!

     Yep. nuqDaq is only for "when" as a question. For the adverbial form of
"when", use -DI' (type 9) verbal suffix. Since it doesn't show up a lot on
this list, I just thought it would be helpful to bring it up as a reminder.

--   chargwI'

Back to archive top level