tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 15 07:59:46 1993

lo'laHbogh moQ boghvaD Ha'DIbaH

>From: "Matthew Whiteacre" <[email protected]>
>Date: Sat, 13 Nov 93 21:39:48 CDT

Well, you did ask for feedback from unofficial folks (not that that's
really been stopping me)

>Do' Ha'DIbaH ghaj loD be'nalDaj je

  "Luckily, a man and his wife had an animal"

Did you mean they had a lucky animal?  That would be "Ha'DIbaH Do'".  On
the flip side, the way you have it can still mean what you want.

>lo'laHbogh moQ boghvaD nob

What is {boghvaD}?  {bogh} is "be born", a verb, and "-vaD" is a noun
suffix.  I'm confused.  Ooooh... Do you mean "gave birth to..."?  That's an
English idiom, I'm afraid.  Maybe {lo'laHbogh moQ boghmoH} (or "moQ lo'laH
boghmoH")?  Hmmm....  I'd almost expect {boghmoH} to mean more like "beget"
than "bear" (i.e. sire or father, not give birth).

>Ha'DIbaH luHoHbogh Huch lulellaH 'e' luQub

Change the "-bogh" to "-chugh" and you've really got something.

>vaj SuqmeH Huch Hoch HoH loD be'nalDaj je qur

Took me a sec to work out the placement of {qur}, but you're right.
However, the {Huch Hoch} should be before the {SuqmeH} for proper
word-order.

>Ha'DIbaH poS 'ej pImbe' Ha'DIbaH

I guess that's the understandable, though it leaves one to wonder what it
wasn't different from and so on.  The one who should really give you some
ideas is Nick Nicholas, who has translated some of Aesop's Fables into
lojban from the Greek, and would have a good idea of what Aesop was saying.

>'IQqu' loD be'nalDaj je
>Ha'DIbaH HoHmo' mIpHa'
>tuvchugh Huch ghaj

*maybe* {lughaj}, but it works okay as is.

~mark

Back to archive top level