tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 24 21:47:34 1993

Re: A Translation

I agree with someone who wrote to me that the sentence

Will mupong tera'ngan  actually does mean "Terrans call me Will",
as was clearly the intention.  My problem was that I couldn't
figure out the grammatical role of the name if it was not the direct
object; I figured it out on further reflection.

(re my translation of Will Martin's post).

			--Randall Holmes mughlaw'wI

(certainly hoping that no one gets the impression that I was
trying to _correct_ anything; I was really confused.)

Back to archive top level