tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 22 14:50:19 1993

Re: My Klingon analyser program

> > Subject: Re: My Klingon analyser program
> >
> > Is there any way to get such a beast to work on my Mac?
>
>      Ditto for DOS or Windows. My presumption is that the program is C source
> primarily intended for UNIX. If only the source is available, I can probably
> wrestle with it on one of the three C compilers to which I have access. While
> I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination (despite the C
> classes I've taken), I may be able to look over the code to check that this
> particular compiler handles these specific instructions and maybe if I'm
> really lucky, I can figure out how to substitute when the instruction set
> differs...
>      I never became a programmer because I realized that the set of programs
> simple enough for me to write is excluded from the set of programs powerful
> enough for me to want to use. {{;)>

greetings guys and gals, this is my first post. my name is richard martin,
and i AM a programmer. at home i have a new color classic mac w/ symantec/s
new c++ compiler, just waiting for a first project ... here @ work i have
windows & 5 c and c++ compilers ... we also have LOTS of unix machines ...

i wouldn/t assume unix because of c. abt 90% of mac programs are written
in it.

not going to attempt any klingon just yet - my dictionary is @ home & i
haven/t bought my 2nd copy for work yet ...

i DID become a programmer, tho my majors in college were english and
greek ...

> --   charghwI'

later ...

- r