tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 13 17:46:26 1993

puqpu' QIch

>From: (Mark E. Shoulson) <[email protected]>
>Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 17:38:49 -0400

A criticism on this that someone should make at some point:

>wej jejwI' ghaj mIvwIj.
>mIvwIj jejwI' bIH wej.  [OK, should be wej'e', but it spoils the meter]

"My helmet's points are three" is a very English-based idiom.
Pronoun-verbs are copulas, indicating identity, not quality.  Perhaps I
should emend this line to

mIvwIj jejwI' mI' 'oH wej

"My helmet's points' number is three".  Still singable, just speed up a
little for "jejwI' mI'".

~mark

(yes, I'm critiquing my own work, in case you didn't catch it)

Back to archive top level