tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 06 10:18:15 1993

Re: tlhIngan mu'ghom'a' chu'

[email protected] says:
:
:
: I'd like a group opinion. How many here would like to see a revised
: Klingon Dictionary with all the new information we've seen in HolQeD
: and on the tapes. I doubt Okrand has any intention of publishing 3rd
: edition TKD, and even if he did, I would rather see a combined set
: of words and information rather than a main body plus addendum, so
: every time I see an unfamiliar word that happens to be in the addendum,
: I won't have to go looking it up twice, after I fail to find it in the
: main body. Or worse, not find it at all, and assume its new material
: from either of the two tapes.
:
: I'm quite sure a Revised Klingon Dictionary updated to 1993 would not
: be outside the range of the KLI's ability. Altho, it should not be an
: assignment of any one person, but a collective effort so nothing is
: overlooked.
I'd love to see this come to fruition, and would be happy to help. Keep me
posted if anything happens...that's [email protected] !

:
: By the way, does anyonerealize that Klingon currently is growing faster
: than English. It's true. English grows at about 50 words a year (mostly
: scientific terms) and Hol has annexed about, oh, maybe, 100, I'm guessing.
: I could be worng, I have never gone about counting them all up, but
: I'm sure with new words from the tape and the veS QonoS list in HolQeD (1:3)
: we can conclude on the definite popularity of tlhIngan Hol. And it's
: rapidly accelerating. Now is as good a time as any to put together
: a dictionary full of old and new info in time for '94.
"Fastest growing language in the universe", eh? ;>

:
: mu'ghom chu' boghItlhqang'a' ?
mu'ghom chu'vaD QaH vinobqangqu'!

: