tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 31 08:26:53 1993

Re: BIRTHRIGHT

On Aug 31,  4:29am, "David E G Sturm, Sturm & Drang Inc." wrote:
> Subject: BIRTHRIGHT
> >From what I heard, it did not appear to sound standard tlhIngan Hol, but
> possibly the transcription I have is not correct...
>
> The best I`ve got is syllabic, not words; along the lines of:
>                         teb la ne ghu
>                         mu gha to Du
>                 ||:     ya ja key `o    :||
>                         ya jey key `o
> Dave

     We pretty much decided that, like the tlhInganqoq Hol in How Much For
Just The Planet, you can ignore that song as an embarrassing abandonment of
everything Marc Okrand worked to create. At first, I thought it was a random
string of syllables until I heard the chorus on the radio. It's the second
background vocal part for "The Rhythm Is Gonna Get Ya" by Gloria Estephan and
the Miami Sound Machine. Don't worry your bumpy little head over it. tlhIngan
Hol 'oHbe'qu'.

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level