tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 14 07:28:39 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nur

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, August 14, 2014
>
> Klingon word: nur
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: dignity
> Source: TKD

  nurraj nIHlu'ta'mo' manoD
  We will avenge your stolen pride (PB/'u' draft?)

  tlhIngan wo' nur ghob je HoSmoH quvvam
  With it, I restore pride and values of the Klingon Empire (PB/'u' draft?)

See also:

le'yo' 	pride (n)

  le'yo'raj nIHlu'ta'mo' penoD jatlh qeylIS, woQ le'yo' je 'aghbej ghaH
  And Kahless spoke to them ... filled with pride and authority, about
  avenging their stolen pride PB

quv 		[personal] honor (n)
quH 		heritage (n)
tuH 		shame (n)
pop		reward (n)
ghob  	ethics, virtue (n)
tIgh		custom (n)

  "You outsiders see only our fierceness, our love of battle. You do not see
   the {tIgh}, the honor, that shapes our every act." [Gowron, STK novel:10]

Hem  		be proud (v)
jeQ 		be self-confident (v)
tuH 		be ashamed (v)
web 		be disgraced (v)

Cf. also {HemHa'choH} "[lose one's pride]" in PB:

  maQ 'oH HemHa'choH 'ej cho'choH moratlh
  The signal for Morath to lose his pride and claim a throne. PB

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons