tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 25 11:03:45 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: waQ

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
> My own rule-of-thumb WRT ambiguous verbs unattested in canon is to
> assume the literal/physical meaning over a metaphorical one until we
> have further examples or clues from Okrand.

qech'e' maqbe'bogh mu'ghom 'oSlaHbej mu'. ja'wI' yab vuSnISbe' mu'ghom neH.

Literal meanings are in dictionaries; metaphor is in the mind. I'm
perfectly happy using words metaphorically, in any language. I'll do
it even if the dictionary definition isn't perfectly nailed down to
where nobody can disagree on its precise shade of meaning.

-- ghunchu'wI'