tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 30 22:23:35 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Fictional Origins, Real Language

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT ([email protected])

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Qov <[email protected]> wrote:
> From Lulu, an online vanity press, in response to my question regarding what
> language of publication I should select when mine is not listed. They had an
> extensive but not exhaustive list of languages, and choosing one is a
> non-optional part of submitting a manuscript.

snip

> ---
> I expected to be just ignored, so this is better than I thought. Shall I
> attempt to explain the difference between fictional and artificial, or just
> pick Xhosa or Tagalog and move to the next step?
>
> - Qov

What happens because of this language selection?
Will speakers of Tagalog buy your book because they think they'll be
able to read it?

I tell my word processor that I'm typing in Estonian, and it stops
giving me angry red squiggles.
But this has no effect on anyone in the Estonian language community.

Even if you do decide to pick a random language; I'd still process the
request for an "other" option, and then let us know where we can all
go and "up vote" it for you.

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.