tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 06 00:17:55 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Vocabulary Sources & Sort Order

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 21:47, De'vID jonpIn <[email protected]> wrote:

> This thread reminded me -- would anyone care to share their Anki flashcards
> for Klingon?  I know some people have made decks for each of the KLCP
> levels.

I have an Anki deck I'm willing to share.

It's missing the very newest words but is otherwise reasonably
current, I believe.

One shortcoming is that I have very few two-way cards: only some of
the very newest ones. The others are all one-way E-K or K-E, which
makes it hard to separate "siblings" since the program doesn't
recognise that two cards should actually be two sides of the same
card. (I tried exporting two-way cards but ran into problem with words
where the English:Klingon correspondence is not 1:1: one English word
maps to multiple Klingon words or vice versa.)

Another one is that I generated the cards from a database that I
inherited and then extended rather than making it from scratch; some
of the English words in the definitions are not actually in the
sources (and some of the English in the sources is not in the DB).

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[email protected]>