tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 09 08:20:02 2012

[Tlhingan-hol] Check your character encoding

I have finally figured out why my messages to the list weren't being archived. The mailing list can only archive messages in the "Western" (ISO 8859-1) range (including ASCII). I had set my mail client to UTF-8 because this is the 21st century, but it seems the list software doesn't care about things like international character sets.

So make sure when you send a message to the list that you're sending in ISO 8859-1, also known as "Western" encoding. And don't try to include any high-range Unicode characters. While such messages may get to the other list members, they won't be archived.

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/