tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 05 03:00:29 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Bad Klingon in Trek novels (and the like)

De'vID ([email protected])

loghaD:
> That reminds me of another one, by the way, from "The Way of the Warrior":
>
> loD SoSlI' chaw'[qu'/Qo'] SoH jatlh?
> "Does your mother let you talk to men?"

Arrrghhhh!  You just reminded me of the "Klingish" ("Englon"?) phrase
that grated on my nerves the most when I heard it on TV: *{Qab jIH
nagIl} which allegedly means "Face me if you dare".  Obviously, {qab}
is "face (noun)", and *{nagIl} was intended to be {ngIl}.

Face!  Me!  Dare!

--
De'vID