tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 05 02:15:05 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Bad Klingon in Trek novels (and the like)

De'vID ([email protected])

loghaD:
> [I should point out that the author of "Star Trek: Cast No Shadow" is probably a perfectly nice person, too ... but not a very good klingonist ;) ]

I mean, but really, in the entire book-publishing process, which
probably took months if not years, how hard would it have been for him
(or his editor or someone on his publishing team) to reach out to Marc
Okrand, or the KLI, or even any one of several of us here who are
easily found by an online search for Klingon speakers?  Or even just
to read The Klingon Dictionary, which isn't even that long (if he'd
written *{ghobe' QIb chuH maghwI'}, it would've shown he made the
minimum effort)?  What happened to authors doing proper research for
their books?

Are Klingon speakers/translators that hard to find?  The KLI web site
redesign (yes, it needs to be redesigned, and preferably yesterday)
needs to have an easily findable page that says, "If you are an author
looking to use Klingon in your work, please contact us and we will
provide any assistance you need in the Klingon language."

--
De'vID