tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 26 06:49:53 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Dargh HIvje' teblu'bogh

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

This might be a good opportunity to use {tu'lum}:

KGT 42:  Similarly, the common word for 'teacup' is {Dargh HIvje'} (literally, 'tea drinking vessel'). Among the upper classes, the word {tu'lum} is used with some frequency, though, strictly speaking, this archaic word used to mean only a cup made of metal. [...] Among the lower classes - except for those working as servants for the higher classes - words like [...] {tu'lum} are known but seldom used

For "Meiji era, Meiji Period" we actually have {bov} "era", which is used in the {paq'batlh}:

  qeylIS bov
  the era of Kahless (PB xxi)

  qeylIS bov nubwI'
  before the era of Kahless (PB xiv)